Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 2 of the Summer of Pinterest

Where do I even begin... okay, at 12am Lu came running into our bedroom and threw up all over the floor.  Thankfully, I had put down towels on the carpet for the dog because she surgery.  My poor baby kept apologizing for throwing up, yeah my heart broke a little too.  I was then awoken this morning to a dead fish in the face.  Lu was holding Rocky (the fish), "Mom, it's dead!"  No person should open their eyes to a dead fish!

I wanted to choose something off of Pinterest that I wanted to do today.  I bought a value pack of chicken at Vons the other day and I needed to do something with it.  Yesterday, I saw a recipe for shredded chicken done in the crockpot for tacos, enchiladas, etc.  I could've sworn I pinned it but I couldn't find it this morning.  So, I had to go off memory.

The cast of characters:

1 1/2 cup chicken broth
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper



Everything went into the crock pot with the chicken.  I set the crock pot for 6 hours.  This is what it looks like before I started cooking it.


Looks delicious!

As I sit here watching GCB (I LOVE this show and am super bummed they cancelled it) the chicken is smelling tasty!!  

I'll let you know how it goes!

-SP

1 comment: